User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Ramblings on Getting Ready

I began packing today and determined that I don't need to ship anything home. I practically filled up one bag with books and such; I'm pretty sure the other bag has room for my clothes and everything else. Of course I'll be rearranging things at least a time or two for both the fit and the weight--right now the bag with the books is a little heavy. But how heavy? Still under 70 pounds, certainly, but by how much? I can lift it to waist-level without much difficulty, so I'm thinking it's around 40~50 pounds. I'll move some of the books into my other big bag, though, to even things out. The clothes weigh practically nothing. Shoes--they're all worn out, excepting sandals and the pair I'll be wearing home. I went through clothes to throw out the ones in bad repair--no use transporting them across the Pacific Ocean. Every little bit of space/weight helps.

I've found some more things to take to school with me today and more for the church people on Sunday. I'll email Jodie and have her come over perhaps Sunday night to take anything she wants--fans, shelves, a nice plant, winter clothes, etc.

Last night I wrote thank-you notes to the kids who gave me gifts. I tried to use easy words, but their Korean teachers might have to help them understand. I can't believe it's the last day! I have 3 classes to teach, 3 classes to give speaking tests to, several classes of writing tests to grade, and the bank to visit during my break. Things are coming together. I'll have to buy one more 50 liter trash bag, as this morning's wild mess-making practically filled up the one that was only a quarter-full. My apartment hasn't been this clean in quite a while!

Tomorrow Busan, Sunday church and Bible study, Monday Lotte shopping (gift certificate!) and perhaps out for one last look at Daewangam, then Tuesday I say goodbye to Korea--take my last taxi, see the last of the Taehwa River, take the last airport bus, give up my resident ID card, change the last of my won into dollars, and get on the plane for the long trip home.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beth - good luck to you. It had been fun having a glimpse of your life in Ulsan.

    Joel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home