User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Hacking Test

Monica (7th grade) really hates tests! The students have to memorize words from a book called "Hacking." It's pretty much a waste of time because they don't know how to use the words and the words are entirely too complicated for their ages, so they forget the words immediately after the test. Occasionally I'll say a word and it will ring a bell that they've seen that word before. The student will dig the Hacking book out of his bag and flip around to find the word (as he can't remember the Korean meaning without his book). From three of Monica's journal entries:

Tomorrow I have to hacking test I hate hacking I will see the made the hacking book man I fighting the that man Why made a hacking book? I don''t know exactly Hacking is mess Very not useful I don''t see hacking book anymore hum..... I don''t want to hacking hum...

I have to test schoo test,academy test... I have many test I hate test always.. I hate academy test very much. because I don''t like English and other subject My favorite hate test is a hacking test I hate remember words The every is for me, but I hate test


I will kill made a english books Maybe I see him I will kill him I anglry very much Why did he made a book? Just because a money? It makd me a offend I will kill him

My adults mentioned this story to me, but I couldn't believe them. I thought there must have been some kind of misunderstanding. However, it's true! The dog was worth 70,000,000 won ($61,000) and the owner's employees took the dog and ate it. The men won't face criminal charges, but a civil suit is being filed.

Time is flying! I'm working on my "to do" list, but there's still a lot on it! Six days left.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home