User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Student Diaries

The latest sampling of my students' diaries follow. Most of them are getting pretty decent, although some of them still don't feel the need to use punctuation. Some are better than others, but at least I can read about something other than the latest video game all the time!

Mary (4th grade, really quiet in class but excellent with written work):

I went to an outside swimming for my summer vacation. I had tons of fun. It was great! I ate some snacks and went swimming with my brother and dad. My mom just stayed outside the pool. Too bad we didn''t have any tube or balls but it was still a bunch of fun. I got a bit tan... My family forgot to bring sun lotion.
My family and I was about to go eat some meat after swimming, but the traffic was so, so heavy we were a bit late to got to the meat restaurant. So we ate Korean food called Sul-lung-tang. It wasn''t that bad because Sul-lang-tang is one of my favorite food but I was looking forward to eating meat. Oh, well I''m sure my dad will buy me some next time. Today was such a happy day. It was a bit tiring but I''m wishing if we could go there again! I thank my parents a lot for taking me out to an outside pool! Even my brother who never wants to go outside had enjoyed a lot! I think he enjoyed more than me!
Blake (5th grade, genius, clown, very talkative, great pronunciation):

My class is always happy! My friends together Work.We are happy! sometimes we are fight but happy! therefore,we ary always happy! I love My classroom,and I love My friends. T-8 class room is always nice and happy. and good student many
many. It''s very good classroom I like it !!!~ my classroom is very G O O D!
Kevin (5th grade, generally good, too opinionated, needs to give the other students a chance to answer):

Tuseday,August 17th,2004 Unide State of America Today, I read some books. One of them Mun Nara Le Ut Nara is very funny and interesting. "Oh! It''s story interesting!" I want buy this book very very long time ago. This book''s writer name is ''Yi - Won - Bock'' His jobs is Universty teacher. I read this book. Then I know Unide State America is very interesting country. I want go Unide State America. Then I want see a Statue of Liberty and I want see Grand Canion. I want go,please..
Rooky (4th grade and too talkative for his own good--both the Korean teacher and I are on the verge of strangling him all the time):

Today Hurricane come to Ulsan. Hyundai carfactory is move the car. Ulsan airport is stop the airport. This Hurricane is fifteen hurricane Megi. This Hurricane is 1012hps. It''s very horrorand scary. I want broke hause and hong soo pihaza is small.

Chad (7th grade, decent student):

Today was rainy and cloudy. Today was Independence Day of Korea. I studied a holiday task(Math)of school. It was very easy and very hard. I studied homework of academy. The homework content was classroom English. It was very very easy. It was a paper in English book. I played the harmonica. It was a holiday task. I learnt harmonica. My teather was my sister. she had bad character. It was hate. I played harmonica not well. I could play harmonica very well. Today was a very nice day.
Justin (7th grade, cutest kid, hard to be angry at him because of that smile, a bit mischievious):


I hate Mosquito.The mosquito is people bite and injure.Probably i bit a 9 last night.but come to fall. Why mosquito bite a people?? I really difficult to understand.Today I never bite a mosquito. aja aja justin~! the end~!
Harry (6th grade, good at getting his point across, but weak at writing); using the dictionary is bad--Today Korea got a bad SCORE!


Today in the Greece opening the Olympic game. I like Olympic. because the world is very very peace. so I like olympic. Today Korea is bad sexual. The player is lose the maney games. But a nation isn''t disappointment. tomorrow player will good.
Laura (6th grade, good all-round student, very helpful in class):


We usually drew a picture in art class. But today, we played with clays. Every one could make what they wanted. I made a duck and a teacup. I made a teacup first. I made a bowl and put the handle. It was perfect. I decorated it and made a duck. It was very fun! I made a duck shape and decorated all over the duck. My duck looks like a jewel. I made a rabbit too. But it broke easily. So I didn''t take to my home. I love making with clays.
Lily (8th grade, pretty quiet but good when she does speak, always ready to study); I'm not entirely sure what she's talking about.


I go to my cousin''s restaurant. The restaurant''s name is Hong cho bul darck. Hong cho bul darck sell beer,really spicy chicken. Hong cho bul darck mean Hong cho is name, bul darck is fire chicken. Why call fire chicken? If You eat fire chicken and you know~ very very spicy!!! Korean people eat chicken and they shed tears. I eat little chicken , in my mouth It feels fire breaks out . And I shed tears~ ㅠㅠㅠ.... But, It was delicious. I asked my dad, "Why people eat this chicken what taste? Dad said , "People eat spicy taste" In the restaurant, many young people. they eat beer and fire chicken ~ My cousin is very busy. I want to be a Hong cho bul darck''s president. And I am going to rich!!

Steven (5th grade, strange Sally's younger brother, very strong all-round in English):

Today is on the vacation. But I went to the school. Because I have a computer lesson. So I went to the school in early mornig. So I was hungry. I hate my computer lesson. My computer teacher likes girl. So boys hate my teacher. But girl like my teacher. I afraid the girl. Why is my teacher like girl? I don''t konw forever!!
Annie (5th grade, one of the toughest girls I know--she looks sweet, but she doesn't take any nonsense from the boys!):


Today, I have a cleaning the school. I felt very angry because, the typhoon is came yesterday. So, the school is very dirty. The trash is very many in the school. So, We are the cleaning the scool very hard. And, a schoolmaster is make our clening very hard. So, I felt very angry to schoolmaster. I remorse about I go to the school yesterday. My friends angry, too. Today is very angry day.
Glen (7th grade, in a class that's WAY too difficult for him, but he can't study at any other time); a new student came to class with the same English nickname, which totally confused me.


today my friend is Glen my name is Glen, too my friend is Glen is fun my friend Glen is meet schoos every day my friend meet school he is very very fun my friend with l play soccer soccre is very fun
Tom (8th grade, Luby's twin brother, pretty good when he wants to be, same class as the two Glens); "It's that Glen too"--I realize what he's talking about--I was joking around about "this Glen" (the one who sits closer to me) and "that Glen" (the one who sits in the back) and apparently he picked up on that!

I think Charlie is very bad student. Because he bored heis hitting me and that glen. But Charlie is same age. He born in january. I born on May. So we are same age. I hate charlie very much. It''s that Glen too. So we are don''t like charlie very much.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Sean said…

    Even though the last thing I ever want to do is teach children again, I enjoyed reading these excerpts from your students journals.

    Keep posting... your posts are usually very interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home