User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Friday, August 20, 2004

A 5th-grader's Philosophy

I loved Randy's response in his homework. They were supposed to practice the idioms by filling in the blanks. He wrote, "I'm fed up with nothing because life is fun." What a positive outlook! Of course he's only in the 5th grade, but people should strive to have that attitude more often.

In the 7 PM class they were particularly loud so I got rather strict with them. Apparently they thought I was stressed, because Charlie showed me a way for "stress to fly away" involving twiddling of the thumbs and each of the fingers 10 times on each finger. If you're doing it in a quiet room instead of in a room full of rambunctious kids, it might work.

Edward was bugging me for money so I gave them each a penny and we talked about American vs. Korean money a bit before moving on to other topics. They do such a good job with conversation that I hate to stop them, but we have to cover a certain amount of the book each class.

Another weekend already. Mrs. Yoon called Tuesday night to tell me Korean class was cancelled this week. I considered going to Busan or a hike up Munsu Mountain, but I'll see how I feel tomorrow before deciding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home