User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Friday, August 20, 2004

Solve this Problem!

At work the first class was terrible but the next class was fantastic--go figure. Tomas had a much better attitude today and worked really hard. The "take a break" page in their book was a mind puzzle, I don't know what else to call it. It was a rectangle with an "X" through the middle. You're supposed to figure a way to connect all of the lines without lifting your pencil or going over any lines more than once. They understood the directions perfectly, but couldn't figure out the solution. It had been a while since I'd taught that book so I couldn't remember the answer, aside from it being a somewhat tricky solution. The problem is, someone decided that since the teacher's books weren't valuable to her, then we should get rid of them. Guesses as to who that might be?! Since we no longer have the teacher's books, I'm left with a bunch of perplexed kids who want the answer to the puzzle! Any ideas?



Connect all of the lines without lifting your pencil or going over any line more than once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home