User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Liberation Day

The weekend has been a particularly lazy one. I didn't feel at all like studying Korean yesterday, so I went downtown for a late lunch and shopping instead. I also spent a couple of hours correcting the students' journals on the school website. Today I was really tired and sore (from carrying everything home yesterday), so stayed home to rest. I called Mom and Dad to make sure everything was OK there and went for a late-afternoon walk, but otherwise not much. I noticed the Korean flags out everywhere, so thought it must be another holiday. Yep, today is Liberation Day, celebrating the August 15, 1945 independence from Japan and the August 15, 1948 founding of the modern-day Korean government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home