User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Worms

The typhoon is stronger today. The 7~8 minute walk to the bus stop left the front of my pants soaked and my bag rather wet, too. The wind wasn't bad, but it was annoying to hold the umbrella just right to keep it from breaking. I was wearing thin clothes so within 90 minutes I was all dried out, although my shoes will be wet for the rest of the day.

There were 7 women this morning. The one student who "only knew her ABCs" knows a little more than that, but still not enough to continue in the class, I think. I asked her a few questions to figure out her level and she could answer only one or two words, nothing approaching a full sentence.

I downloaded the Yahoo toolbar onto both of the work computers and used the antispy feature to see what might be lurking. I didn't expect it to be able to find worms, but it found the Netsky worm on both computers (the same worm my home computer had). Delete, delete. The pop-up blocker is good, too. And when I'm signed into Yahoo I can easily access my favorites from the toolbar--nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home