User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

September!!

It's September already. I can't begin to explain the feeling when I sat down at my desk at work and ripped August off of the calendar, crumpled it up, and tossed it into the trash can. It's September! I mentioned that fact to Matt and he apparently read my mind, because he offered a high five to mark the occasion.

Shock--only 17 days of work left. How did that creep up on me?!

The day was fairly normal. Because the new books haven't arrived I've been playing more games than normal, but always teaching a little something, too. The elementary school kids went back to school today. Most of them were really tired from not getting to sleep early enough last night. Charlie was absent in the 8:30 class and I think Mina might have talked to the whole class about needing to study hard with me and respect me, etc. It was much better.

This morning I got a look at the stuff growing on the wall under my sink and behind my toilet. You're not supposed to leave apartments here particularly clean, but I figured I'd get rid of that nastiness. The bathroom has no windows, however, so even with the vent fan on I inhaled far too many bleach fumes. I left the bathroom door and the veranda window wide open when I went to work, and luckily by the time I got home the smell was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home