User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

I am Superman

The rest of the day wasn't much better than the morning. The first two afternoon classes were OK, but then the next class wouldn't answer any questions or speak any English at all. The next class was average. The last two classes of the day--terrible. I put Tom in the corner and before I knew it he was writing bad things about another classmate on the board! I kept him after class to write my signature phrase, "I cannot learn if I do not try" (in Korean too). Some of the other boys were entirely too rambunctious, so I kept the entire class 3~4 minutes after the bell. My last class of the day was also bad, but I was way harsh with them to start with, so we managed to get everything done and have time for the word search (which I almost never do) to review words from a previous unit.

One of the activities in the current Impact chapter is to write down four "secrets" about yourself--1 true and 3 false. Billy's wasn't too hard to figure out:

1. I can fly.
2. I can't fight a tiger and win.
3. I am Superman.
4. I am a human.

My "secrets," which I gave the kids as examples--see if you can guess which is true! Perhaps 30% of the kids got it right.

1. I love kimchi.
2. I have two brothers.
3. I like cats.
4. I've visited 20 countries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home