User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Accumulation

Had a productive day, due to one of my yearly (sometimes twice a year) sudden loads of energy. I went through a lot of stuff deciding what to throw away, give away, put in the donation bin, or pack. I accumulated a lot in two years! Packing won't begin for another couple of weeks, though. I may be able to fit everything into my bags (and not have to mail things home); I'll have to wait and see. I put about a dozen shirts, a couple of pairs of pants, some towels, and winter clothes that I would never use at home into the donation bin stack, some books will go to church, others I'll scatter among friends or foreigner hangouts, others I'll pack. I pulled everything out of the closet and wiped down the floor and the luggage. Everything was really dusty, while mold was growing on two bags. I took a picture of the mess when everything was spread out all over--I couldn't help it. It's just too bad I haven't entered the digital age yet to let people see the chaos for themselves! The apartment is plenty big enough when everything is put away where it belongs, but today I couldn't walk more than a couple of steps without tripping over something.

Other things: washed the dishes, scrubbed the sink and gas range, wiped the counter, washed clothes, water-proofed the new tennis shoes, threw away a ton of miscellaneous papers, swept the floor, got the trash and recycling ready to take out, cut and repainted my fingernails, plucked my eyebrows, scrubbed the calluses off my heels and applied moisturizer; I think that about covers it. I haven't actually left the apartment today, although I did have a brief conversation with the gray cat across the way. The black one doesn't like foreigners.

The travel agent replied about available flights--it's going to be 845,000 won (a little over $700) for one-way. It would leave on 9/28 (Tuesday) when I finish work on 9/24 (Friday). That's fine, but because of the holiday I won't be able to go anywhere and all the foreigners will be off traveling, so it might be a boring few days. I need to have someone at work call and make sure the airport bus is running on Tuesday (that is Chuseok Day, after all), and then let the travel agent know it's okay and get the information for Mr. Kim to transfer the money to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home