User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

A Poor Manager

Have I said what a poor manager Joelle is???

Yeah, I probably have at some point, huh?

In my short working history I've been pretty lucky to have had from at least decent and semi-competent managers all the way up to should-have-won-an-award managers. Joelle is at the bottom of the bottom of the bottom.

After Grace's sickeningly sweet "Good morning!" they asked me where the book was for the new student because it was ordered on Tuesday. Well, it's probably not here yet! That's only two days! After class Joelle was on the phone so I only said hello as I went into the teachers' room. A few minutes later when the adults had come out of class and asked her about the new book, she came into the teachers' room and very rudely asked me where the new books were because she had put them on my desk. Joelle, do you see any books on my desk? I certainly don't see any books on my desk. I haven't seen any new Impact books anywhere. Well, it turns out she meant the books that she put there two months ago. Oh, those books. I gave those to the students who were in my class then, and then the new student last week got the extra one. We don't usually keep extra books for a small class around the school. "You should have told me that you needed more books." Well, I didn't know I needed more books because no one told me if the newest student, the one who was observing my class on Tuesday, was going to continue in the class or not!! Now that I know that she'll be in the class, despite her being at a much lower level than the other students, I can tell you that she needs a book!!

There's a good probability that she told the mothers that it was all my fault for not telling her about needing a new book. She doesn't take responsibility for anything or communicate anything to anyone (especially not the foreign teachers). The schedule changed again yesterday. Kara's 2 PM class will be taught by Matt now, bringing him up to 30 hours and me down to 27 hours per week. Why? She gave no explanation whatsoever, only the order from Her Royal Highness. If she's trying to pull a "the 3 hours of adult class is part of your base hours"--in my LAST TWO WEEKS--she'd better forget about it!! Despite any money difficulties that might be going on, Mr. Kim isn't that devious or stingy. With teaching 27 hours per week now (plus the 3 adult hours), down from 29 (plus 3), I'll still be here the same amount of time as before because I don't have a 2 PM class on T or Th (days I teach the adults). There's no time to go home, so aside from a walk down to the river, I'll try to snag the good computer or get caught up on some reading. If they add another 8 PM class to my schedule, I'll be upset!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home