User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Latest Web Stats

It's interesting how the web robots work. I got my first search engine hit today, from a person who searched for "amusing anecdote." My main page isn't yet listed, but my "Can I take off my clothes?" entry is listed on Yahoo, I think because Blinger linked to that entry a couple of weeks ago (using the phrase "amusing anecdote").

Latest list of countries who have visited here: USA, Korea, Finland, Japan, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ecuador, Brazil, Central African Republic, Oman. It makes for a very colorful group of flags, and what a diverse group of people. On the other hand, it could be all current or former TEFL teachers!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Sean said…

    You got it correct. The best way to get your site indexed in the various search engines is by being linked to other pages. If you want to improve your ranking then you should start reading and commenting on other blogs.

    It is of course preferable to comment on blogs related to yours, but even if you comment on a non-related blog but with content relevant to the entry you will improve your ranking. The key with commenting is to leave a link back to your site - most comment forms do that anyhow.

    Another key is to write regularly, 2-3 times a week or more. Eventually from your comments on other blogs you will get links from their sidebars.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home