User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Work Visa (3rd reminder)

The website meeting this morning was really productive.  The strawberry shake hit the spot for breakfast, then a free refill replaced lunch (we talked longer than we had planned).  And only 4000 Won ($3.50).  We got through everything we wanted to do, with plans to edit the stuff on the website and hopefully be ready to meet with the website people before the end of the month.  I arrived at school at 2:15, giving me plenty of time to get ready for class.
 
In the 5 PM class as part of the review unit there was a scavenger hunt and they had to find someone new to answer yes to every question.  No one in the class had a cat or a dog, so the students went out into the hallway, the computer room, tried to go into the teachers' room (I stopped them) yet still couldn't find anyone with a cat or dog!
 
At 7 PM they asked me if I ate cockroaches.  NO!  I'm glad they remember the word, but they could quit reminding me about the incident!
 
Mr. Kim was in for a while, so I asked him about my resident ID card (which I've been without for about 2 weeks now).  He gave it back to me, explaining that they didn't need to note the academy name change on the card itself, but only in the computer.  I reminded him, again, about my work visa expiring on August 2nd.  He said he'd probably go back to the immigration office next week to extend the visa, so I left my card with him, thinking it would be easier that way.  However, looking back on it, I should have kept the card; that way when he asked for it I'd know that he was taking care of it.  Now I'll have to remind him about it again next week, and then probably the week after that, too.  What's wrong with getting things done early?  It makes the foreigners feel a lot more secure!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home