User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Fighting Kids

Last Friday Monica and Rooky had quite a fight--I guess it was before Jane's class, although I don't know for sure. They had been swearing at each other on the school website, then got into it at school, too. From what I understand, Monica threw a chair at Rooky or something like that, and it hit Rooky rather hard in the stomach/lower regions of his body. Rooky was absent today, and only a few minutes into class Jane came in to get Monica. Rooky's mother came to school, and for the entire class period the mother and Mr. Kim yelled at Monica. She came back into class to get her bag as the bell was ringing. She looked terrible from all of the crying. She's just a kid, give her a break! However, she is in the 7th grade while Rooky is in the 4th or 5th. BUT!!! Rooky is one of the most annoying kids you'll ever meet--I've come close to strangling him a few times. And I've seen/heard him in class--he'll say something nasty to one of the other kids, then when I call him on it ("Hey, Rooky, what did you say?") he'll act so innocent like he didn't just call them any of the worst names available in the Korean language. I'm sure he plays that same game with his mother--"Mom! This mean girl Monica hurt me for NO REASON!!"

The adults were happy with and surprised by their test scores (Melissa 79, Grace 82, Vivien 96, Nicole 98, Jennifer 99). I was satisfied, although their essays could have been better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home