User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Korean Computers

This afternoon I went down to the university to scan the pictures.  Using a scanner when the program is in Korean is always fun.  Apparently the default is to save them in bitmap format, and I didn't notice that until I had all of them scanned.  Yahoo wouldn't allow me to upload them to the pictures part, then it had quite a difficult time even attaching them to email (mulitiple emails because there were quite a few pictures).  It was taking such an incredibly long time to attach them that I let a guy use the scanner while the pictures were being attached (after all, I'm not a student there, but they don't charge me anything to use their facilities; he was probably a student).  He had the same problem and took longer than I had anticipated with his two documents.  He finally finished but I continued to have problems.  After punching the computer a few times it finally obeyed, and I got to work at 2:45 (for my 3:05 class)--no problem, as most of the teachers were teaching until 2:55 so didn't notice me getting to school later than normal.  The kids were pretty good, again many were absent because of camping.  A few cute things happened, but nothing that I can remember now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home