User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Monday, June 28, 2004

The Latest--Nothing

After checking all of the blogs, I guess the only new news is that either sites continue to be blocked or people are just discovering other blocked sites. Livejournal, another blog-type site, is also blocked now. I was hoping for another eloquent post from Jeff, but his masterpiece from Saturday is still there. A few conspiracy theories are floating about, but I'm exhausted so will make just a short comment. Whether it's the government or KT (a telecommunications company that controls most of the cables that connect Korea with the rest of the world) doing the censorship, it's wrong. The fact that the government hasn't commented makes me think that it IS the government, and that the few connections that aren't blocked were mistakes on the part of the ISPs/KT.

I'm getting a ton of people visiting from other web pages (a ton to me, anyway). Overnight I went from a few hits a day from family members to nearly 30 hits from all over the USA, Korea, Japan, and Finland. Welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home