User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Friday, July 23, 2004

The Next Step

I read this in the Korea Herald yesterday, I think, then some blogs drew my attention to it today.  What did I write before about small steps????  First block some English websites, then start restricting freedom of expression even more!  A Korean college student drew parody pictures of some political candidates and put them on the internet.  He was fined 1.5 million won (over $1200) for trying to influence the election.  (I thought that was an allowable, and even desirable, thing in a free society!!)  What's next for this government?!  I may see a unified Korea yet; the great leader's name will be Kim Jong Il.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Sean said…

    I am currently viewing your blog without a proxy. However, I still cannot access typepad blogs...

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    I can't access any of the blocked blogs. That's weird. There are a dozen reasons I can think of for this. Many of the reasons involve the ineptness of the government/ISPs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home