User-agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: / My (edited) Journal

My (edited) Journal

Observations, events, comparisons, thoughts, rants, linguistics, politics, my students, and anything else I care to write about.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Student Reactions

I dressed a little differently than normal, and what reactions I got! Sera said, "Cute!" while Luby said, "You look so sick!" I guess that's because by that class I was losing my voice. Billy said, "WOW! Good clothes! A+! 10 points!" (I was wearing a pink v-neck shirt, capri pants, and sports sandals.) He went on to explain Matt's behavior system to me really well. (We share that class.) If they don't speak any Korean, they play 10 minutes at the end of class, if they speak one time they only play 5 minutes, two times and no game. Mr. Kim doesn't really like us playing games, but if the kids studied hard for 40 minutes, then they'd probably get as much done in that time of hard study than in 50 minutes of half-way studying. I'll have to think about it. Also in Billy's class, the boys started telling all kinds of stories about the girls (primarily Angela and Annie)--how they hit the boys everyday, etc. At the end of class Billy confessed, "It's a lie!"

ALSO in that class, I asked them the typical, "What did you do on the weekend?" and they talked a bit, then they asked me what I did. I said I went to see a movie, and John asked some good follow-up questions (for his level, anyway). It was really cute, "Teacher, what was the story?" I told the story, then they wanted to know how many people died, then that led to them asking how many people are in the world, and how many people are in individual countries. They were doing really good with talking, but eventually I had to cut it off and get to the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home